Before starting to use SabeeApp, it is mandatory to set your tax model. Tax settings are usually based on your countries' law regulations.
When you are setting up your tax model for the very first time, you can see all possible variations and choose the one, which fulfils your requirements. Later on, if you will need to make any modification regarding the tax model, please contact your Sabee account manager.
Possible tax models:
M01: GROSS - (VAT+CITY TAX)
M02: GROSS - VAT - CITY TAX
M03: GROSS - CITY TAX - VAT
M04: (GROSS - VAT) (GROSS - CITY TAX)
M05: NET + (VAT + CITY TAX)
M06: NET + CITY TAX + VAT
M07: NET + VAT + CITY TAX
M08: GROSS - VAT
M09: NET + VAT
In case of M01, M02, M03, M08 your prices set in PRICES menu will be Gross Prices and will include VAT and/or City Tax. When a reservation comes from your IBE, any OTA or uploaded manually no Tax will be added to the received price.
In case of M05, M06, M07, M09 your prices set in PRICES menu will be Net Prices and will exclude VAT and CITY tax. When a reservation comes from your IBE, any OTA or uploaded manually SabeeApp will add VAT and/or City Tax according to the selected tax model.
In case of M04 your prices set in PRICES menu includes VAT, but it excludes City Tax. When a reservation comes from your IBE, any OTA or uploaded manually SabeeApp will add City Tax on the top of the price received.
- Default VAT: is the basic tax for accommodation service defined by your Tax authorities
- Local resident VAT: Local residents might have different VAT or VAT might not apply for them at all. You can specify this information at this field.
- Apply City tax for non-locals: You can calculate separately City Tax for those clients who are not from the country of origins of your property.
- Apply City Tax for locals: You can calculate separately City Tax for those clients who are from the country of origins of your property.
- City Tax is: Here you can specify the calculation of city tax. It can be based on Percentage/Fixed - per person/Fixed - per room
- City Tax amount: Here you can define the exact amount/percentage of your City Tax
Once you finalised these details, you have three options:
I. If you want your Tax settings to affect all your reservations then click on the Update and apply for all reservations button.
II. If you want your Tax settings to affect only your future reservations then click on the Update and apply for future reservations button. This means, that new tax model or changes will apply for those bookings, that are already in the system and arrival date is in the future (starting from the tomorrow's day). It will influence all new incoming bookings by applying your newly saved settings.
III. If you want your Tax settings to affect only your future reservations, then click on the Update and don't apply for existing reservations button. In this case, tax settings or changes will apply for bookings, coming in the system from the moment once changes are saved.
We strongly recommend to set the same tax model here in Sabee as you have in all other sales channels.